Thursday, April 23, 2009

CHICTIONARY

Me and my chica Rhyan were having a little pow wow yesterday about what a woman says and what she means. This is very interesting because I know that women and men can be confusing. Personally, its not always what I say but how I say it that might leave a guy scratching his head. So this would be my personal Chic-tionary.

1. I only yell if I'm passionate about the subject. I pride myself on being very even keeled and level-headed so its completely out of character for me to raise my voice. So, if I'm yelling at you it because I REALLY want you to understand my position or see my point of view.

2. I use the word Bitch very loosely. Sorry. So, when I refer to your homegirl as a bitch I'm not being derogatory.

3. I'm a sucker for the most innocent gestures. I can always use a new bag or shoes, but a sweet text or a certain look is priceless to me.

4. When I say I don't want to talk about it, that just means I don't want to talk about it now. More than likely I know I'm going to be irrational and need some time to unscramble the foolishness between my ears. So, please don't press the issue.

5. I never like to assume. So sometimes I'm sure I seem disinterested because I don't always take the bait

EX.
Chan: Hey I want to see you.
Man: Ok. Well I'm (fill in random place)
Chan thinks to herself: What does that mean? Do you want me to come where you are? Are you gonna hit me up later? Nigga be clear!

6. I hate to send the last text. Childish. I know. But I hate to feel like I'm being left hanging.

7. I always excuse myself first. Umm...judge me later. However I think people should know when to wrap it up. Just don't think you should wait around until somebody says, "Ok. Well you ready to go?" That is like a no no to me! lol I would rather excuse myself and have the guy insist that I stay. Once again...childish...I know.

8. If I'm quiet it means that I'm thinking or don't have anything clever to say. This is usually a sign that I'm giddy or nervous to be around you. If I don't like you I'm probable making fun of you! lol

9. I'm a bit of a jerk at first introductions. This is only because I want to see if you can hang. Its just a pre-screening process. You can't be slow or take yourself to seriously.

10. I'm syrupy sweet. (don't tell anybody) lol


I would advise all my chicas to take a second and think about the quirky things about themselves that might confuse and unsuspecting man. Help them out. Give them a little insight and do your own CHICTIONARY!

1 comment: